Los Angeles News
Police shoot shotgun-wielding suspect in Culver City
CULVER CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- Culver City police officers shot a man who crashed a stolen car into a house and pointed a shotgun at them Friday afternoon.
L.A. County Sheriff's Homicide Lt. Dave Dolson said the Culver City Police Department received calls about a man walking down the street with a shotgun at about 2 p.m.
Responding officers arrived at Washington Boulevard and Huron Avenue and located the suspect in front of a 7-Eleven store. The suspect allegedly pointed the shotgun at them, and three officers fired on the man, striking him in the upper torso.
The suspect was hospitalized in stable condition, Dolson said. No one else was injured in the incident.
Witnesses said that before the shooting, the suspect crashed a car into the wall of a house nearby and emerged from the vehicle with the shotgun. Culver City police discovered the vehicle was stolen. The sheriff's department said the suspect had been traveling at a high rate of speed and struck the property on the 4000 block of Elenda Street.
Investigators did not know the suspect's identity Friday evening.
officer-involved shooting, shooting, culver city, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 7 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 49 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker