Los Angeles News
Woman found dead in Burbank alley; son arrested
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- An elderly woman was found dead in an alley behind Victory Boulevard in Burbank Monday in what police called a suspicious death. Her 40-year-old son was later arrested.
Maria Diaz, 77, was found in the south alley of the 4000 block of West Victory between Evergreen Street and Pass Avenue at 10:41 a.m.
Her son, Moises Diaz, was arrested for murder and was held on $1 million bond. Maria Diaz and Moises Diaz were living in a Burbank apartment, Burbank Police said.
The cause of death was not immediately released.
Anyone who may have been in that alley between 6 p.m. Sunday to 10 a.m. Monday is asked to contact the Burbank Police Department at (818) 238-3210.
homicide investigation, burbank, los angeles news
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Benjamin Netanyahu discusses Iran at LA event
- San Clemente HS lockdown lifted after threat
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Moorpark school lockdown: Suspect arrested
- Parents, daughter accused in $7M shoplifting spree
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Bitcoin exchange CEO's death ruled 'unnatural'
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter