Los Angeles News
Second sex abuse victim comes forward after YouTube video
ALHAMBRA, Calif. (KABC) -- A second victim has come forward claiming she was molested by a former Alhambra assistant principal and Riverside teacher. The alleged abuser was confronted by another former student in a YouTube video Friday that has since gone viral.
Riverside police say the second victim came forward after the YouTube video surfaced of the first alleged victim, identified as Jamie.
Jamie accused Andrea Cardosa, an Alhambra school administrator and former Riverside teacher of sexual abuse. She said Cardosa had sexually abused her for years beginning at the age of 12.
The Riverside School District has since confirmed Cardosa was a temporary status teacher at Chemawa Middle School in Riverside.
She resigned in 1999, but the school district says they can't say why. That's around the same time Jamie says she was molested.
Jamie recorded her confrontation with Cardosa and posted it on YouTube Friday.
"I just wanted to help you," Cardosa says in the video. "How is having a sexual relationship with a 12-year-old student helping?" Jamie replies.
Cardosa resigned from her post at Alhambra High School after a meeting with school officials on Friday. She has not been charged with any crimes.
sex crimes, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 59 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 17 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home 45 min ago
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail 53 min ago
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months