Los Angeles News
Shooting at CHP Santa Fe Springs station investigated as suicide
SANTA FE SPRINGS, Calif. (KABC) -- A person was shot in the parking lot of the California Highway Patrol station in Santa Fe Springs early Wednesday morning.
The shooting occurred at about 3:45 a.m. at the station located on the 10000 block of Orr and Day Road.
Both the CHP and Whittier police are looking into the incident, which is being investigated as a suicide. No officers were involved in the shooting.
No one else was injured.
The man's identity was not immediately released, but authorities say he does not have any connections to the CHP or any other law enforcement agency.
california highway patrol, shooting, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 5 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Malibu whales caught on drone camera
40 min ago