Los Angeles News
LAPD vehicle struck by suspected drunk driver in hit-and-run
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two Los Angeles police officers are recovering after a suspected drunken driver crashed into them, then sped away from the scene.
Investigators say the officers were traveling northbound on Vermont Avenue, just south of 74th Street, when they were rear-ended by a white BMW around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The officers' vehicle was disabled in the crash, and the suspect's car received front-end damage and a broken rim.
Moments after the driver fled the scene, he was arrested and charged with felony DUI. The suspect, who was the only occupant in the vehicle, was taken into custody without incident. His identity was not immediately released.
The officers were transported to an area hospital after complaining of neck and lower back pain.
lapd, dui, hit and run, car crash, los angeles news
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage 51 min ago
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
36 min ago