Los Angeles News
Foothill Transit bus hits, kills bicyclist in Pomona
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A bicyclist has died after being struck by a bus in Pomona on Thursday. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Authorities say the Foothill Transit bus collided with the bicyclist on White Avenue and Chester Place at about 5:45 a.m. The 42-year-old victim was rushed to Pomona Valley Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. His name has not been released.
Several passengers were on the bus at the time of the crash. They were loaded onto another bus and sent on their way.
Police were interviewing the bus driver and will be reviewing cameras to determine the cause of the crash.
White Avenue in the area was closed due to the investigation. Anyone with information is urged to call the Pomona Police Department Traffic Services Unit at (909) 620-2081.
accident, los angeles news
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC 22 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 47 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2 21 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets 18 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper 19 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors