Los Angeles News
Man arrested in Burbank beating; victim in critical condition
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- An arrest has been made in the brutal attack of a man found severely beaten on a sidewalk in Burbank Saturday.
Police responded to the 1600 block of West Alameda Avenue around 7:30 p.m.
"Upon arrival, officers found a male adult on the sidewalk with severe upper body and head trauma," said Burbank police Sgt. Claudio Losacco.
Officials say the victim, identified as a resident of Sunland, had been stabbed and beaten. He remains hospitalized in critical condition Sunday.
Eric Wang, 22, of Burbank was arrested for attempted murder. He is being held in the Burbank City Jail in lieu of $500,000 bail.
The motive for the attack remains unknown, but police say Wang and the victim know each other.
burbank, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 57 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- LB mayoral candidate mailer wrongly shows SD
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry