Los Angeles News
18-month-old girl hit by grandfather's van in Highland Park, dies
HIGHLAND PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An 18-month-old girl died after she was hit by her grandfather's van in Highland Park.
The incident happened in the 3500 block of Marmion Way around 1:50 p.m. Saturday. Police said the girl's grandfather was backing his van out of his driveway when he hit the child.
The girl had major traumatic injuries. She was transported to a local hospital, where she later died, police said.
The incident is being investigated as an accident. Anyone with information is asked to contact LAPD detectives at (213) 486-0750 or (213) 486-0766.
highland park, los angeles news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 21 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 48 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 36 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 7 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker 28 min ago
- New technology monitors pet fitness
59 min ago