Los Angeles News
LA quinceañera photographer accused of molesting girls
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police need the public's help locating a photographer accused of molesting girls during quinceañera photography sessions.
Authorities say Gilardo Vadillo Nunez, 53, has molested at least four girls under the age of 15. Officers have been searching for him for more than two weeks.
"It's sad and maddening that this man used the victims' quinceanera as a way to find his victims," said LAPD Lt. Paul Vernon in a statement.
Nunez allegedly took video of himself inappropriately touching the victims as the girls posed in his Humvee. His wife was often present, but she told police she was unaware of the crimes. One of his alleged victims finally came forward last month.
Computers and memory cards from cameras were found during a search of Nunez's Panorama City home. Police say the items were in a hidden closet, separate from other photography equipment in the house.
"These items are undergoing forensic analysis, and we expect to find other victims," Vernon said.
Police say Nunez was well known in the past five years among the Hispanic community in the San Fernando Valley for photographing quinceañeras. The victims' families had contracted Hollywood Photos and Video for their daughters' quinceañera, and the photography sessions were usually performed at Brand Park in Mission Hills and other local parks.
Neighbor Lola Devalle said she was not surprised by the allegations.
"He's just very hostile," she said.
An arrest warrant has been issued for Nunez, who is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and medium build, with a receding hairline. He drives a recognizable yellow Humvee with license plate 5CUK746.
He and his wife ran Hollywood Photos and Video, but his wife is not implicated in any crimes.
Anyone with information is urged to call Crimestoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
san fernando valley, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams into apartment, killing girl 9 min ago
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Laughing can improve memory 25 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 29 min ago
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour