Los Angeles News
Burbank sex video scandal: Couple arrested
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- A sex video scandal is unfolding in Burbank. A man got a date with a woman online and later contacted police after he learned that his sexual encounter with his date was secretly taped.
According to police, Erica Beck, who is married, set up a sexual encounter with the man. Investigators say the two met at an undisclosed location as planned, had sex as planned, but what happened during the interlude was not planned.
"He had been videotaped during this consensual encounter without his knowledge and without his permission," said Sgt. Darin Ryburn with the Burbank Police Department.
Police wouldn't say how the session was recorded, but when the 37-year-old man figured it out, he filed a complaint with the Burbank Police Department.
The 26-year-old Beck and her husband, 40-year-old Curtis Beck, were arrested Friday on misdemeanor charges of surreptitiously videotaping the sex act. Authorities say the couple went by the names Joy and Jim online.
Eyewitness News tried reaching out to the Becks, but they called the police, who then told us the Becks were not talking. The couple is due in court on Feb. 24.
Investigators are searching for additional victims. Anyone with information was asked to contact detectives at (818) 238-3247.
burbank, los angeles news, rob hayes
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 22 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker