Los Angeles News
Eric Garcetti nominates Marcie Edwards to head LADWP
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power will soon have a new general manager.
Mayor Eric Garcetti on Thursday nominated Marcie Edwards to head the water agency. Edwards is currently the Anaheim City Manager. Prior to that, she ran Anaheim Public Utilities for 13 years.
"Marcie Edwards has the toughness and expertise necessary to take on the status quo at the DWP and deliver real, lasting change for DWP customers," Garcetti said in a statement.
If confirmed by the City Council, Edwards will become the first woman to head the giant utility in Los Angeles.
''The time is now to shed the bureaucratic insulation that impedes forward progress and replace it with an agile, risk tolerant, cost effect agency, one that is comfortable with transparency and willing to allow employees to do their best work," said Edwards.
The utility's new leader will be taking over at a difficult time. The utility currently is under fire because of glitches in a new $162-million computerized billing system and $40 million in mishandled funds.
department of water and power, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money 54 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 16 min ago
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station 17 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 15 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed 56 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...