Los Angeles News
Boyle Heights bar arguments leads to fatal shooting
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 21-year-old man was killed and another 21-year-old man wounded following an argument outside a bar in Boyle Heights Monday.
The shooting occurred outside El Troquero bar on the 2000 block of Cesar Chavez Avenue around 1 a.m.
Investigators say the victims were walking near the corner of Cesar Chavez Avenue and Chicago Street when they got into a heated argument with a stranger who pulled out a gun and opened fire.
The bar's security guard allegedly heard four to five shots, went outside and found the two victims suffering from gunshot wounds.
A man was shot in the neck and pronounced dead at the scene. The second man was shot in the back and transported to County USC Medical Center in stable condition. He is expected to survive
Police were interviewing witnesses and family members of the victims.
Meanwhile, the fatal shooting victim's aunt is demanding answers.
"He was a good kid, in no gangs, not gang-related, very young kid," she said. "He had his whole life ahead of him."
Neighbors heard the gunshots.
"Right after the four gunshots, I heard a guy screaming, like he was echoing in the streets, he was screaming for help," said Jennifer Arboleda of Boyle Heights. "Why doesn't somebody help him or call 911? That's when I came out and one of them was holding his side; the other one was laying on the floor."
No arrests have been made in the case.
Arboleda says this is the second shooting in front of the bar in about six months. The victim in the first shooting survived.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with any information was urged to contact LAPD Hollenbeck Homicide Detectives Marin or Barajas at (323) 342-8961.
CNS contributed to this report.
arrest, shooting, los angeles news, q mccray
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 37 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 11 min ago
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged 23 min ago
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
29 min ago