Los Angeles News
Red Honda minivan sought in Boyle Heights hit-and-run injury crash
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 54-year-old man was hospitalized in critical condition after being struck by a hit-and-run driver in Boyle Heights on Monday.
Edward Nix was crossing south on Orem Street in a marked crosswalk when he was struck by a red late-model Honda van traveling east on Olympic Boulevard at 5:55 p.m.
The driver fled the scene without stopping to render aid or to identify him- or herself. No description of the driver was given.
Nix was hospitalized with severe head injuries.
Anyone who may have information regarding this traffic collision is asked to contact Central Traffic Detectives at (213) 833-3713, or Detective F. Padilla at (213) 486-0753. During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to (877) LAPD-24-7. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS. Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cell phone. All text messages should begin with the letters "LAPD." Tipsters may also go to LAPDOnline.org, click on "webtips" and follow the prompts.
hit and run, caught on tape, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 18 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap 29 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
33 min ago