Los Angeles News
Norwalk fatal shooting: Surveillance video, sketch released
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- Family members and investigators are asking for the public's help to track down two people linked to the killing of a West Covina man. Newly released surveillance video and a sketch could make the difference in finding the suspects.
Christian Rodriguez, 32, was killed on Dec. 1 around 10:45 p.m. on the 12500 Block of Rosecrans Avenue in Norwalk.
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, a man and woman approached Rodriguez while he was sitting in his car in the parking lot of a liquor store. It was a place he would frequent after finishing his shift at a Santa Fe Springs warehouse.
The three were talking and when the conversation ended, detectives say the man shot Rodriguez, killing him.
"Detectives believe that either Christian knew the male and the female or at least familiar with both of them," said Lt. Steve Jauch with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
The sheriff's department on Wednesday released surveillance video that shows the man and woman driving away in a silver Nissan Xterra. The woman was behind the wheel. A composite sketch of the female suspect has also been released.
Rodriguez was the father of a 7-year old boy. Loved ones described him as a hardworking family man.
"He is the type of person that makes friends with everybody and anybody. Everybody loves Chris," said a family member who did not want to be identified.
Anyone with information was asked to call sheriff's homicide detectives at (323) 890-5500 or Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
shooting, los angeles news, sid garcia
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour