Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles shooting: Man found dead on sidewalk
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was found dead after an early morning shooting in the 5300 block of Budlong Avenue in South Los Angeles.
Neighbors told investigators that they heard gunshots shortly after 2 a.m. Friday. When police arrived, they found a man in his 30s shot to death on the sidewalk along South Budlong Avenue.
Authorities have very little to go on. Neighbors did not hear an argument before the shooting, and they didn't see the gunman following the shooting. Officials say they know very little about the victim.
"There's no indication that he was in a car. Obviously he was found on the sidewalk, so it appears he was walking. There was no bike," said LAPD Detective Chris Barling. "So I don't know if he lives in the area, visiting in the area, if he came up in a car. All that information at this time, I don't have answers for."
Investigators are also looking into whether this shooting was gang related.
Wednesday night, two people were shot in front of a church about three miles from this crime scene. One of the victims in that shooting was killed. It's unknown if the two incidents are related.
south los angeles, shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 53 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 16 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 4 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite in Russia 18 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour