Los Angeles News
South Los Angeles shooting: Man found dead on sidewalk
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A man was found dead after an early morning shooting in the 5300 block of Budlong Avenue in South Los Angeles.
Neighbors told investigators that they heard gunshots shortly after 2 a.m. Friday. When police arrived, they found a man in his 30s shot to death on the sidewalk along South Budlong Avenue.
Authorities have very little to go on. Neighbors did not hear an argument before the shooting, and they didn't see the gunman following the shooting. Officials say they know very little about the victim.
"There's no indication that he was in a car. Obviously he was found on the sidewalk, so it appears he was walking. There was no bike," said LAPD Detective Chris Barling. "So I don't know if he lives in the area, visiting in the area, if he came up in a car. All that information at this time, I don't have answers for."
Investigators are also looking into whether this shooting was gang related.
Wednesday night, two people were shot in front of a church about three miles from this crime scene. One of the victims in that shooting was killed. It's unknown if the two incidents are related.
south los angeles, shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case 14 min ago
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa. 10 min ago
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 5 min ago
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors