Los Angeles News
Rosemead attempted kidnap victim escapes; suspect sought
ROSEMEAD, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman in Rosemead was able to escape an attempted kidnapping when a man tried to grab her and pull her away.
The victim was walking in the area of San Gabriel Boulevard and Fern Avenue between midnight and 1 a.m. Tuesday when she noticed a man masturbating while standing next to a car.
The woman told police that she continued walking on Fern Avenue, and that's when the suspect began following her. The suspect then ran up to her, grabbed her and tried to pull her way.
Authorities said the victim struggled with the man and yelled for help. The suspect fled on foot, and the victim was able to escape uninjured.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man, between 20 and 25 years old, about 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing about 140 pounds, with dark hair. He was seen wearing black shorts and a gray shirt. His vehicle was described as a gray sedan.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Temple Station at (626) 285-7171 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
kidnap, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour