Los Angeles News
Rosemead attempted kidnap victim escapes; suspect sought
ROSEMEAD, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman in Rosemead was able to escape an attempted kidnapping when a man tried to grab her and pull her away.
The victim was walking in the area of San Gabriel Boulevard and Fern Avenue between midnight and 1 a.m. Tuesday when she noticed a man masturbating while standing next to a car.
The woman told police that she continued walking on Fern Avenue, and that's when the suspect began following her. The suspect then ran up to her, grabbed her and tried to pull her way.
Authorities said the victim struggled with the man and yelled for help. The suspect fled on foot, and the victim was able to escape uninjured.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic man, between 20 and 25 years old, about 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighing about 140 pounds, with dark hair. He was seen wearing black shorts and a gray shirt. His vehicle was described as a gray sedan.
If you have any information about this case, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Temple Station at (626) 285-7171 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
kidnap, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley 30 min ago
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
11 min ago