Los Angeles News
USC-area shooting: Gunman search underway
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles police are investigating a shooting at a party near the University of Southern California campus.
The incident occurred at approximately 11:30 p.m. Friday at the Lorenzo Apartments in the 300 block of Adams Boulevard.
A man in his mid-20s was shot in the torso and rushed to an area hospital to undergo surgery. As of 12:45 p.m., police said the man was listed in critical condition.
Investigators said he was attending a party on the fourth floor of the apartment building. Police said there were unconfirmed reports that the party was to celebrate the victim's birthday.
The victim's family says he is not a USC student. Police are still looking for the gunman, who was only described as an African American male.
shooting, los angeles news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 14 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 3 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 1 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 10 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)