Los Angeles News
Los Angeles murder suspect Oscar Bridges arrested in San Francisco
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A murder suspect wanted in the fatal stabbing of a man at a South Los Angeles motel has been arrested in San Francisco.
The hunt for 54-year-old Oscar Bridges prompted dozens of homicide investigators and sheriff's deputies to search the Hollywood area last week, combing the hills near the Hollywood Bowl, the Greek Theatre and Runyon Canyon Park.
Bridges was wanted in connection with the Jan. 23 murder of 21-year-old Robert Brewer of Texas in a motel room on South Vermont Avenue. Authorities said Brewer was stabbed multiple times and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives received information that Bridges had ties to the San Francisco area. Investigators contacted the San Francisco Police Department to identify areas he may have frequented, and then on Saturday, San Francisco police arrested Bridges.
Authorities say Bridges will be transported to the Norwalk Sheriff's Station and booked for murder.
Bridges is a registered sex offender and has an extensive criminal record, which includes drug and assault charges.
homicide investigation, hollywood, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 25 min ago
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin 5 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- El Nino watch: Cycle possible next winter
4 min ago