Los Angeles News
Possible gang-related shooting victim found outside USC gate
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A shooting victim was found near the USC campus on Wednesday, and police said the incident appeared to be gang related.
Paramedics were sent to 36th Place and Vermont Avenue around 10:40 a.m. after someone called police and said a wounded person was lying on ground near an entrance of the campus.
The man was transported to a local hospital in stable condition. The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
Investigators do not believe the shooting was related to the university.
Police said the man was wounded a short time earlier in a possible car-to-car shooting near 57th and Hoover streets, then drove himself to USC.
The school released an alert telling students that a "medical emergency" took place miles away from the University Park Campus and that the injured individual drove to Gate 6 after the incident. The alert noted that car and pedestrian access to University Park Campus near 36th Place and Vermont Avenue would be closed until further notice.
gang activity, shooting, school, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 13 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street 35 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere