Los Angeles News
Suspect fatally shot by sheriff's deputies in South San Jose Hills
WEST COVINA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was killed in a deputy-involved shooting at the end of a pursuit in South San Jose Hills Thursday night.
The shooting occurred on the 19100 block of Elberland Street at about 5 p.m. No sheriff's deputies were injured.
Deputies were searching for a suspect in a residential backyard following a pursuit of robbery suspects, according to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.
"Walnut sheriff's station received a 911 call from a man who said that there was a man inside his home. He was armed with a gun. He was demanding money from his mother," said Lt. Steve Jauch with the sheriff's department.
Deputies responded to the residential neighborhood and saw the suspect's vehicle speeding away. That's when the pursuit started.
Investigators say the chase ended at the Bestway supermarket and the male suspect got out. He ran through the market and then into a resident's backyard, where he was fatally shot by deputies.
A woman and a 5-year-old child were in the suspect's car. The woman was detained at the store, and the child was taken into protective custody.
The incident was under investigation.
los angeles county sheriff's department, deputy-involved shooting, shooting, pursuit, car chase, los angeles news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 11 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Malibu whales caught on drone camera
46 min ago