Los Angeles News
Pasadena murder part of domestic dispute: Person of interest sought
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Police were searching for a person of interest in the fatal shooting of a 19-year-old woman inside a home in Pasadena Sunday.
Irais Acosta, 19, was shot and killed inside her boyfriend's home on the 1500 block of Raymond Avenue around 8:45 a.m., according to family and friends.
Officers responded to reports of shots fired and found Acosta dead at the scene from a single gunshot. Jonjon Crummie, 18, was identified by police as a person of interest in the case Sunday.
Police withheld Crummie's relationship to the victim, but family and friends of the victim identified Crummie as her boyfriend.
Acosta's friends said she had been dating Crummie for about a year. They described him as jealous, but said they never thought it would go this far.
"She was a really good person, you know, she had a heart. She cared about a lot of people. It's just sad to hear that she's gone," said Acosta's friend.
Pasadena police Lt. Jason Clawson said a SWAT team, with help from a bloodhound, searched the area for evidence leading them to the suspect Sunday. No clues were found.
Friends say that Acosta had just begun attending Pasadena City College in an attempt to get her life back on track. They said she dreamt of becoming a registered nurse, and are stunned that this is how her life ended.
"She was just getting her life on track and beginning to, you know, actually focus on what her priorities and her goals, and now it's just gone down the drain," said Acosta's friend.
The victim's family has set up a fund to raise money for her funeral services. For more information, visit www.gofundme.com
Anyone with information regarding the shooting was urged to contact the Pasadena Police Department at (626) 744-4241.
pasadena, shooting, los angeles news, leanne suter
- Ambulance crash: 3 injured in Signal Hill 45 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- Alleged arsonist sets fire in Hollywood 43 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role