Los Angeles News
Rosemead attempted kidnapping suspect arrested
ROSEMEAD, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was arrested Sunday for allegedly trying to kidnap an 11-year-old boy in Rosemead early January.
Investigators say the incident occurred on a public sidewalk near Del Mar Avenue and Emerson Place.
On Sunday, Temple Sheriff's Station deputies observed a male matching the identified suspect in the attempted kidnapping case and detained him without incident.
Bin Zhang, 44, of San Gabriel was subsequently booked on attempted kidnapping charges and held on $100,000 bail.
The attempted kidnapping had gone unreported until last Thursday, when investigators released a composite sketch of a suspect wanted for attacking a girl at Arlene Bitely Elementary on Jan. 30.
In the latest incident, investigators say the suspect entered the school on the 7500 block of Fern Street and grabbed an 11-year-old girl's collar.
The victim broke free from the suspect's grasp and ran away.
The suspect in the school attack was described as possibly Filipino, about 40 to 50 years old, approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing about 160 pounds.
He has long, stringy, black hair, a thin mustache and has scratches on his left cheek. He was last seen wearing a white tank top, dirty blue jeans and was barefoot.
Investigators were looking into whether there is a link between the two cases.
Anyone with information regarding the attempted kidnappings was urged to contact Detective S. Gibson of the Temple Station Detective Bureau at (626) 285-7171.
school, los angeles county sheriff's department, kidnap, los angeles news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 23 min ago
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin 3 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- El Nino watch: Cycle possible next winter
2 min ago