Los Angeles News
Inmates injured in jail-bus crash in downtown LA
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A bus carrying jail inmates in downtown Los Angeles was involved in a traffic collision near the Twin Towers Jail Wednesday.
The court services transportation bus was carrying 38 inmates and two deputies just after noon when it was involved in a collision near Cesar Chavez and Pleasant avenues. The bus was able to drive to a bus bay at the Twin Towers Jail.
Twenty-four inmates received medical treatment once inside the jail lot. There were no major injuries, according to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department. Two sheriff's deputies were reportedly injured but were in good condition.
Multiple inmates received medical treatment once inside the jail lot.
The collision occurred with a small car on an off-ramp. The California Highway Patrol was investigating the incident.
car crash, downtown, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 53 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants