Los Angeles News
Lancaster man, reported missing, found shot to death in remote area
LANCASTER, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles detectives are working to find new information surrounding the shooting death of a man in a remote part of Lancaster.
Stephen Finson, 47, was found dead Monday shortly before 9 a.m. in the 13300 block of East Avenue H.
On Sunday, Finson took his all-terrain-vehicle out for a ride but never came home. He was last seen Sunday afternoon.
Concerned family members reported him missing. After several searches, Finson's body was discovered near his vehicle. Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies determined that he had been shot. He was pronounced dead on the scene.
Authorities say they don't have any suspect information in the case.
Friends describe Finson as a family man. He was an arborist by trade and the kind of person who earned your respect.
"He was just a very honest man, but engaging at the same time. He's the type of person you want to be friends with," said Brad Hayes, the victim's friend.
If you have any information about this incident, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500. You can also provide anonymous tips by calling Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477.
antelope valley, shooting, missing person, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition 11 min ago
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 39 min ago
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
44 min ago