Los Angeles News
Fire erupts at Roosevelt Middle School gym in Compton
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A fire erupted in the gym of Roosevelt Middle School in Compton on Wednesday.
Fire crews responded to the school at 1200 E. Alondra Blvd. at about 1:15 p.m. and quickly had the blaze under control.
"We have had a great response from the L.A. County Sheriff's Department, our Compton School Police, and the L.A. County Fire Department, as well as fire departments from Compton, Vernon, and Downey," the Compton Unified School District said in a statement.
All students and staff were evacuated to a nearby store, according to the district. No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire has not been determined.
fire, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 1 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video