New York News
Ex-New York City Mayor Ed Koch leaves hospital
NEW YORK -- Former New York Mayor Ed Koch has been released from a Manhattan hospital.
Koch looked jovial as he spoke briefly Monday outside NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. He was admitted last week with pneumonia and flu.
He said he planned to go to his office briefly, then do some reading at home.
On Friday, Koch said through a spokesman that he was looking forward to celebrating his 88th birthday this Wednesday. He'll be at an annual reunion with members of his administration at Gracie Mansion, the official mayor's residence.
Koch also was hospitalized with anemia in September.
Koch served three terms from 1978 to 1989. The Democrat is famous for asking constituents, "How'm I doing?"
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- UK theater collapse: 20-40 injuries reported 3 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis