Orange County News
William Lyon's aviation museum takes flight
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- It's been two years since the groundbreaking of the Lyon Air Museum in Orange County and now it's finally open. Officials unveiled the new 30,000 square foot facility at a special ceremony Thursday at the John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana.
The museum features some of the world's rarest aircraft and vehicles, including the historic Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress "Fuddy Duddy" and the DC-3 "Flagship Orange County."
Also displayed is an original 1939 Mercedes Benz Model G4 Offener Touring Wagon used by Adolph Hitler until it was seized by the French army at the end of World War II.
airport, orange county news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 53 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 38 min ago
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 22 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts