Orange County News
William Lyon's aviation museum takes flight
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- It's been two years since the groundbreaking of the Lyon Air Museum in Orange County and now it's finally open. Officials unveiled the new 30,000 square foot facility at a special ceremony Thursday at the John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana.
The museum features some of the world's rarest aircraft and vehicles, including the historic Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress "Fuddy Duddy" and the DC-3 "Flagship Orange County."
Also displayed is an original 1939 Mercedes Benz Model G4 Offener Touring Wagon used by Adolph Hitler until it was seized by the French army at the end of World War II.
airport, orange county news
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Green cars for rent at niche LA-based company
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report