Orange County News
William Lyon's aviation museum takes flight
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- It's been two years since the groundbreaking of the Lyon Air Museum in Orange County and now it's finally open. Officials unveiled the new 30,000 square foot facility at a special ceremony Thursday at the John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana.
The museum features some of the world's rarest aircraft and vehicles, including the historic Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress "Fuddy Duddy" and the DC-3 "Flagship Orange County."
Also displayed is an original 1939 Mercedes Benz Model G4 Offener Touring Wagon used by Adolph Hitler until it was seized by the French army at the end of World War II.
airport, orange county news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran 29 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia 50 min ago
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides 44 min ago
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
40 min ago