Orange County News
Surfer's body found in ocean off Newport Beach
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Big waves have claimed the life of a surfer in Newport Beach.
Lifeguards pulled the man from the waters at about 10:15 Saturday morning near 14th Street and West Oceanfront.
Officials said waves were about 6 to 10 feet high, with strong choppy conditions and rip currents.
The name of the man has not been identified.
surf, storm, orange county news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 53 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 37 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break