Orange County News
Surfer's body found in ocean off Newport Beach
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Big waves have claimed the life of a surfer in Newport Beach.
Lifeguards pulled the man from the waters at about 10:15 Saturday morning near 14th Street and West Oceanfront.
Officials said waves were about 6 to 10 feet high, with strong choppy conditions and rip currents.
The name of the man has not been identified.
surf, storm, orange county news
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video