Orange County News
Garden Grove shooting may be gang-related
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- Garden Grove police are trying to solve an attempted homicide, and they believe it's gang related.
On Thursday, Jan. 28, police got a call about a shooting on the 12400 block of Woodbridge Drive.
When they arrived, they found a male victim in an alley way with a single gunshot wound. The victim was transported to an area hospital and is listed in stable condition.
Police say the victim and two other people were outside waiting for a ride when a young man approached on foot.
The suspect asked the victim where he was from and then pointed a handgun at him. Then, police say, the two began scuffling.
During the fight, the suspect shot the victim one time, then the suspect fled on foot.
Police say the shooting appears to be gang related, and the investigation is on going.
Anyone with information should contact Garden Grove police.
shooting, gang activity, orange county news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland 3 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
1 min ago