Orange County News
Huntington Beach fire pits on budget cut list
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Everything from fire pits, library services and public safety are on the chopping block in Huntington Beach.
Earlier this week, the City Council received a list of proposed budget cuts. Among the cuts, a 50-percent reduction on fire pits on the beach.
Officials say this may result in people complaining there aren't enough fire rings to have bonfires.
Other possible cuts include: reducing the amount of hours police can use their helicopter, eliminating six full-time city positions, cutting part-time positions, and doing away with the weekly story time program at Helen Murphy Library.
budget, orange county news
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online 20 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate 59 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
7 min ago