Orange County News
Huntington Beach fire pits on budget cut list
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Everything from fire pits, library services and public safety are on the chopping block in Huntington Beach.
Earlier this week, the City Council received a list of proposed budget cuts. Among the cuts, a 50-percent reduction on fire pits on the beach.
Officials say this may result in people complaining there aren't enough fire rings to have bonfires.
Other possible cuts include: reducing the amount of hours police can use their helicopter, eliminating six full-time city positions, cutting part-time positions, and doing away with the weekly story time program at Helen Murphy Library.
budget, orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 18 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 6 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 22 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video