Orange County News
Huntington Beach fire pits on budget cut list
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Everything from fire pits, library services and public safety are on the chopping block in Huntington Beach.
Earlier this week, the City Council received a list of proposed budget cuts. Among the cuts, a 50-percent reduction on fire pits on the beach.
Officials say this may result in people complaining there aren't enough fire rings to have bonfires.
Other possible cuts include: reducing the amount of hours police can use their helicopter, eliminating six full-time city positions, cutting part-time positions, and doing away with the weekly story time program at Helen Murphy Library.
budget, orange county news
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour