Orange County News
O.C. beaches back open after sewage spill
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Three miles of coastline from Dana Point to Capistrano Beach that was closed after a major sewage spill last week s now reopen.
The beaches were closed due to a sewage break in Rancho Santa Margarita five days ago, where a 24-inch iron wastewater pipe ruptured, sending 500,000 gallons of raw sewage into the ocean at Doheny State Beach.
Repair work on the broken pipeline was completed late Friday, and public health officials needed two consecutive days of clean water testing before reopening the beaches.
AP contributed to this report.
sewage spill, orange county news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley 35 min ago
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
16 min ago