Orange County News
Public asked to join service for fallen son
YORBA LINDA, Calif. (KABC) -- Family members of a Yorba Linda marine, killed in Afghanistan last week are asking the public to join them in paying tribute to their fallen son.
Lance Corporal Rick Centanni and fellow Yorba Linda resident Sergeant Major Robert Cottle were killed by a roadside bomb on March 24th.
Centanni's family is asking the public to line the funeral procession route that is scheduled next week. The procession will go from Saint Martin's church in Yorba Linda to Riverside National Cemetary, passing the schools that Centanni attended.
Centanni was the son of a Santa Ana police sergeant. The 19-year-old marine also wanted to be a police officer.
orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 10 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 289 missing, 7 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 2 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg 7 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break