Orange County News
O.C. woman fatally shot; boyfriend missing
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- An Orange County woman was fatally shot, and police are searching for her friend, who has disappeared.
Neighbors say that the suspect has lived at his Costa Mesa apartment complex for several months, but he hasn't been seen since last week after his friend was found murdered inside his apartment.
Evidence tape sealed the apartment where police suspect Samuel Herr shot and killed a 23-year-old female.
Police will only identify the victim as Jane Doe because she may be a sexual assault victim. Authorities say she came willingly to Herr's apartment.
The Irvine resident's body was discovered after 9 pm. Saturday with a gunshot wound to the head.
"They seen blood all over the apartment which was the maintenance people," said a local worker, Carlos Cedillo. "I was very horrified."
"It shocked me too, because you never know what you're walking into, because if these people are crazy who knows what they can do?" said Jesse Castro, a local worker.
Police say 26-year-old Herr has disappeared, and neighbors say his bicycle sits outside his apartment but his vehicle is gone. It's a white four-door 2002 Pontiac Grand-Am with Calif. license plate number 4VJE803.
The motive for the murder is still not known.
"I was shocked when I heard about it. The guy was really nice," said Bobeva.
"I'm 23 myself, so to have your life taken away at this age is very shocking," said Cedillo.
Some neighbors say that Herr has tattoos on his upper body. If you've seen him or his vehicle, or if you have any information regarding this case, you're urged to call Costa Mesa police at (714) 754-5395.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve abc7.com
shooting, murder, missing person, orange county news, eileen frere
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 21 min ago
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...