Orange County News
Missing Kansas teen, stepfather in custody
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 16-year-old girl and her stepfather who have been missing from Kansas since Thursday have been found in San Diego, authorities say.
An Amber Alert had been issued earlier in the day after authorities learned that the man and his stepdaughter might be in Orange County.
Authorities said the young girl was forced or coerced to leave Kansas with her stepfather, who is suspected of molesting her.
The Overland Park Kansas Police Department said Jordan McKenzie Stuart was last seen on June 3 with her stepfather, 39-year-old Patrick Neal Porter. Authorities tracked his cell phone and credit card records to in Southern California.
Investigators suspect Porter fled Kansas to avoid prosecution.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve abc7.com
amber alert, missing person, orange county news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 13 min ago
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building 1 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book