Orange County News
Missing Kansas teen, stepfather in custody
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 16-year-old girl and her stepfather who have been missing from Kansas since Thursday have been found in San Diego, authorities say.
An Amber Alert had been issued earlier in the day after authorities learned that the man and his stepdaughter might be in Orange County.
Authorities said the young girl was forced or coerced to leave Kansas with her stepfather, who is suspected of molesting her.
The Overland Park Kansas Police Department said Jordan McKenzie Stuart was last seen on June 3 with her stepfather, 39-year-old Patrick Neal Porter. Authorities tracked his cell phone and credit card records to in Southern California.
Investigators suspect Porter fled Kansas to avoid prosecution.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve abc7.com
amber alert, missing person, orange county news
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online 46 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
33 min ago
- Study: Small hits in sports affect kids'...
18 min ago