Orange County News
Natural gas leak traffic mess at O.C. airport
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A natural gas leak triggered a big traffic headache near Orange County's John Wayne Airport on Wednesday morning.
The trouble began at about 7:30 a.m. when construction workers building a utility plant at the east end of the airport ripped through a natural gas line.
The workers were evacuated, and the airport's lower level roadway was temporarily shut down while crews worked to shut off the leak.
Officials say the gas line has been shut off, and the airport's lower roadway has reopened.
Despite the problem, officials say the airport remained open, and no flights were affected.
airport, road closure, traffic delay, orange county news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Blind, autistic piano prodigy inspires others 2 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son