Orange County News
Natural gas leak traffic mess at O.C. airport
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A natural gas leak triggered a big traffic headache near Orange County's John Wayne Airport on Wednesday morning.
The trouble began at about 7:30 a.m. when construction workers building a utility plant at the east end of the airport ripped through a natural gas line.
The workers were evacuated, and the airport's lower level roadway was temporarily shut down while crews worked to shut off the leak.
Officials say the gas line has been shut off, and the airport's lower roadway has reopened.
Despite the problem, officials say the airport remained open, and no flights were affected.
airport, road closure, traffic delay, orange county news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)