Orange County News
Abduction suspect, missing teen found apart
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Orange County Sheriff's Department issued an Amber Alert on Monday for a 13-year-old girl from the Rancho Santa Margarita area. A 48-year-old man suspected in her abduction was captured by police. The girl was located later Monday afternoon in safe condition and the Amber Alert was canceled.
Cheyenne Bradford had been missing since Wednesday. She was located Monday afternoon in San Juan Capistrano, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Dept.
She was suspected of traveling with a man named Dave Burton Egert in a 1994 Toyota T-100 pickup truck, with a California license plate 4X02600. The teen reportedly met Burton online.
U.S. federal marshals took Egert into custody Monday afternoon. He was found alone and detained in Altadena Monday.
Bradford is described as a black female, 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing about 105 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair. The OC Sheriff's Dept. classified Bradford as a "runaway juvenile."
Investigators allege that Egert used MySpace and Facebook to send the girl sexually explicit information.
Authorities have not said where Egert lives.
If you have information on the case, you're asked to call the Orange County Sheriff's Department Special Victims Unit at (714) 647-7419.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
amber alert, missing person, orange county news
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 50 min ago
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 2 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside 12 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler