Orange County News
Abduction suspect, missing teen found apart
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Orange County Sheriff's Department issued an Amber Alert on Monday for a 13-year-old girl from the Rancho Santa Margarita area. A 48-year-old man suspected in her abduction was captured by police. The girl was located later Monday afternoon in safe condition and the Amber Alert was canceled.
Cheyenne Bradford had been missing since Wednesday. She was located Monday afternoon in San Juan Capistrano, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Dept.
She was suspected of traveling with a man named Dave Burton Egert in a 1994 Toyota T-100 pickup truck, with a California license plate 4X02600. The teen reportedly met Burton online.
U.S. federal marshals took Egert into custody Monday afternoon. He was found alone and detained in Altadena Monday.
Bradford is described as a black female, 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing about 105 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair. The OC Sheriff's Dept. classified Bradford as a "runaway juvenile."
Investigators allege that Egert used MySpace and Facebook to send the girl sexually explicit information.
Authorities have not said where Egert lives.
If you have information on the case, you're asked to call the Orange County Sheriff's Department Special Victims Unit at (714) 647-7419.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
amber alert, missing person, orange county news
- I-5 through Grapevine closed due to snow, ice 34 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea 1 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?