Orange County News
Abduction suspect, missing teen found apart
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Orange County Sheriff's Department issued an Amber Alert on Monday for a 13-year-old girl from the Rancho Santa Margarita area. A 48-year-old man suspected in her abduction was captured by police. The girl was located later Monday afternoon in safe condition and the Amber Alert was canceled.
Cheyenne Bradford had been missing since Wednesday. She was located Monday afternoon in San Juan Capistrano, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Dept.
She was suspected of traveling with a man named Dave Burton Egert in a 1994 Toyota T-100 pickup truck, with a California license plate 4X02600. The teen reportedly met Burton online.
U.S. federal marshals took Egert into custody Monday afternoon. He was found alone and detained in Altadena Monday.
Bradford is described as a black female, 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing about 105 pounds, with brown eyes and black hair. The OC Sheriff's Dept. classified Bradford as a "runaway juvenile."
Investigators allege that Egert used MySpace and Facebook to send the girl sexually explicit information.
Authorities have not said where Egert lives.
If you have information on the case, you're asked to call the Orange County Sheriff's Department Special Victims Unit at (714) 647-7419.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
amber alert, missing person, orange county news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 59 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Inmate escapes jail a day after sentencing 10 min ago
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence 25 min ago
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says