Orange County News
Man falls over rail at Calif. Adventure ride
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man was injured after falling over a rail at a ride in Disney's California Adventure Park in Anaheim Wednesday night.
Police said the man was waiting in line to get on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride when he climbed over a railing and told his friends, "wouldn't it be funny if I fell." The man plunged about 20 to 25 feet. Officials said the man had been drinking alcohol before he fell.
The Anaheim Fire Department said it was dispatched to the park at around 10:30 p.m.
The man was transported to the UC Irvine Medical Center. Police said he did not break any bones. The man just suffered some abrasions and was released from the hospital early Thursday morning.
The Tower of Terror is a simulated elevator ride through a haunted hotel. Visitors board the freight elevator in the boiler room and it goes up and down 13 stories. A computer controls the ride, so riders never know how many floors they'll drop.
Eyewitness News is still waiting for comment from a Disneyland spokesperson.Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
accident, amusement park, disney theme park, orange county news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 13 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge 39 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 33 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker