Orange County News
Man falls over rail at Calif. Adventure ride
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man was injured after falling over a rail at a ride in Disney's California Adventure Park in Anaheim Wednesday night.
Police said the man was waiting in line to get on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride when he climbed over a railing and told his friends, "wouldn't it be funny if I fell." The man plunged about 20 to 25 feet. Officials said the man had been drinking alcohol before he fell.
The Anaheim Fire Department said it was dispatched to the park at around 10:30 p.m.
The man was transported to the UC Irvine Medical Center. Police said he did not break any bones. The man just suffered some abrasions and was released from the hospital early Thursday morning.
The Tower of Terror is a simulated elevator ride through a haunted hotel. Visitors board the freight elevator in the boiler room and it goes up and down 13 stories. A computer controls the ride, so riders never know how many floors they'll drop.
Eyewitness News is still waiting for comment from a Disneyland spokesperson.Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
accident, amusement park, disney theme park, orange county news
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend 19 min ago
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing 42 min ago
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate
- Young patients travel from LA to 'North Pole'
3 min ago
- 91 Freeway expansion to ease 'Corona Crawl'
27 min ago