Orange County News
Man falls over rail at Calif. Adventure ride
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old man was injured after falling over a rail at a ride in Disney's California Adventure Park in Anaheim Wednesday night.
Police said the man was waiting in line to get on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride when he climbed over a railing and told his friends, "wouldn't it be funny if I fell." The man plunged about 20 to 25 feet. Officials said the man had been drinking alcohol before he fell.
The Anaheim Fire Department said it was dispatched to the park at around 10:30 p.m.
The man was transported to the UC Irvine Medical Center. Police said he did not break any bones. The man just suffered some abrasions and was released from the hospital early Thursday morning.
The Tower of Terror is a simulated elevator ride through a haunted hotel. Visitors board the freight elevator in the boiler room and it goes up and down 13 stories. A computer controls the ride, so riders never know how many floors they'll drop.
Eyewitness News is still waiting for comment from a Disneyland spokesperson.Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
accident, amusement park, disney theme park, orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour