Orange County News
Husband disappears in case of missing wife
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, Calif. (KABC) -- A missing-persons case took a bizarre turn in Rancho Santa Margarita. A man recently questioned in his wife's disappearance has also disappeared.
Authorities search for 61-year-old Rick Forsberg, who was last seen Tuesday when Orange County Sheriff's detectives interviewed him about the disappearance of his 61-year-old wife Marcia. Married nearly 40 years, friends have not seen her for several months and have now reported her missing.
"We heard that she had gone to see some friends in Arizona so we didn't think anything of it," said neighbor Nicole Kontoff. "You know, usually we would see her sitting on the driveway but because he told us she had gone to see friends, it wasn't a big deal."
"He stated he last saw his wife on March 13th but has not filed a missing persons report," said Orange County Sheriff's Dept. Spokesman Jim Amormino.
Investigators executed a search warrant at the home in Rancho Santa Margarita where the couple has lived for about 20 years. Rick works as a supervisor at Coast Community College District in Costa Mesa. Authorities have been trying to track him down to talk with him further.
"He's not been to work in a couple of days which is unusual by itself," said Amormino. "There's been no cell phone activity on his cell phone and needless to say there's been no cell phone or financial transactions on Marcia's, the missing person."
Investigators believe Rick Forsberg may be driving his wife's car, a silver 2001 VW Beetle with California license plate 4TIM403.
"It's all really strange to me," said Kontoff. "You know, we've lived in a really quiet neighborhood, so something like this going on is a little strange for us."
If you have seen either person or the vehicle, you're asked to call the Orange County Sheriff's Dept. at (714) 628-7170.
orange county news, eileen frere
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95 20 min ago
- IE domestic violence murder suspect at large 13 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk 5 min ago
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- UCSB meningitis: Fund for amputee student
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: Benedict Cumberbatch recites R. Kelly lyrics