Orange County News
Jury wraps without verdict in Adenhart case
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The jury deciding the case against the man accused of causing the crash that killed Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others finished its first day of deliberations Friday without reaching a verdict. The jurors went home for the weekend and will continue deliberations Monday.
Earlier Friday an Orange County Superior Court judge found the accused Andrew Gallo guilty of driving on a suspended license.
Judge Richard Toohey's ruling was separate from the jury deliberations that are ongoing.
The 23-year-old Gallo has been charged with three counts of second-degree murder. Prosecutors said Gallo was drunk behind the wheel when he ran a red light on April 9, 2009, in Fullerton and crashed into a car carrying the victims.
22-year-old Adenhart, 20-year-old Courtney Stewart and 25-year-old Henry Pearson died in the accident. Another friend suffered critical injuries. Gallo has pleaded not guilty.
If convicted, he faces a maximum sentence of 54 years and eight months to life.
City News Service contributed to this report.
Do you want the Eyewitness News team to call you? Get a FREE Morning Wake-up Call and personalized weather report at abc7.com/wakeup
los angeles angels of anaheim, accident, celebrity, car crash, famous death, court case, dui, orange county news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash 19 min ago
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s 19 min ago
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present