Orange County News
94-yr-old man killed at O.C. nursing home
LAGUNA HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- An 81-year-old man was arrested for allegedly murdering his 94-year-old roommate at an Orange County nursing home on Saturday.
Orange County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino said that William McDougall allegedly beat his roommate, Manh Ban Nguyen, to death with a bar used to hang clothes.
The murder took place at Palm Terrace Healthcare Center in Laguna Hills.
Amormino said detectives are still trying to figure out a motive for the killing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Do you want the Eyewitness News team to call you? Get a FREE Morning Wake-up Call and personalized weather report at abc7.com/wakeup
murder, arrest, orange county news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Oak Hills bust nets nearly 2K pot plants
- Deputies bust Rancho Palos Verdes pot grow 1 min ago
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Yosemite park's tourist amenities at stake
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles 37 min ago
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video