Orange County News
Anaheim police: Van found, boys still missing
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Orange County police found a van linked to a nationwide Amber Alert for two Anaheim boys, believed to have been abducted by their father and grandfather.
The two brothers are still missing, but police believe that the boys, their father and grandfather may still be in the area.
Police said the Dodge Caravan, located late Friday afternoon, was a rental vehicle and was returned to the rental car company.
Authorities are not disclosing the location of the van, because they want to search for additional evidence.
In the meantime, the boys' mother pleaded for their safe return.
Azucena Quinones is desperate to find her children, 2-year-old Justin and 4-year-old Jacob, who were abducted on Thursday night outside of her apartment in Anaheim.
"All I want from you is to bring my children back and safe. I'm not going to put nothing over you. I just want my children back," said Quinones.
The brothers are believed to have been taken by their biological father and grandfather, according to Anaheim police Sgt. Bob Dunn.
Authorities said Abraham Fernandez, 23, and Louis Mendoza Fernandez, 52, live together in Houston, Texas.
"Even though it's family members that are involved, we still don't know what the motive is or how safe the kids are," said Sgt. Rick Martinez of the Anaheim Police Department.
Police said the boys and their mother were outside of their residence on the 3200 block of W. Orange Avenue taking out the trash just before 8 p.m. when a van pulled up, and two men jumped out and grabbed the young boys.
The van sped off westbound on Orange Avenue.
"We don't know what led up to this thing. We do know the woman had been in a relationship with the father of the children for seven years. They had been living in Texas," said Martinez.
Quinones said she and her children moved to Anaheim three months ago. Police said the parents were not married, and it's not clear who has custody of the kids.
An Amber Alert was issued, stretching from Southern California to Texas.
Justin is 2 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 38 pounds. Jacob is 3 feet tall and weighs 62 pounds. Both boys have brown hair.
Justin was last seen wearing a "Buzz Lightyear" T-shirt, beige shorts and a blue jacket. Jacob was last seen also wearing a "Buzz Lightyear" T-shirt, beige shorts and a gray jacket.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Anaheim Police Department at (714) 765-1900.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
kidnap, amber alert, orange county news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds 54 min ago
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned 9 min ago
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)