Orange County News
Anaheim police: Van found, boys still missing
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Orange County police found a van linked to a nationwide Amber Alert for two Anaheim boys, believed to have been abducted by their father and grandfather.
The two brothers are still missing, but police believe that the boys, their father and grandfather may still be in the area.
Police said the Dodge Caravan, located late Friday afternoon, was a rental vehicle and was returned to the rental car company.
Authorities are not disclosing the location of the van, because they want to search for additional evidence.
In the meantime, the boys' mother pleaded for their safe return.
Azucena Quinones is desperate to find her children, 2-year-old Justin and 4-year-old Jacob, who were abducted on Thursday night outside of her apartment in Anaheim.
"All I want from you is to bring my children back and safe. I'm not going to put nothing over you. I just want my children back," said Quinones.
The brothers are believed to have been taken by their biological father and grandfather, according to Anaheim police Sgt. Bob Dunn.
Authorities said Abraham Fernandez, 23, and Louis Mendoza Fernandez, 52, live together in Houston, Texas.
"Even though it's family members that are involved, we still don't know what the motive is or how safe the kids are," said Sgt. Rick Martinez of the Anaheim Police Department.
Police said the boys and their mother were outside of their residence on the 3200 block of W. Orange Avenue taking out the trash just before 8 p.m. when a van pulled up, and two men jumped out and grabbed the young boys.
The van sped off westbound on Orange Avenue.
"We don't know what led up to this thing. We do know the woman had been in a relationship with the father of the children for seven years. They had been living in Texas," said Martinez.
Quinones said she and her children moved to Anaheim three months ago. Police said the parents were not married, and it's not clear who has custody of the kids.
An Amber Alert was issued, stretching from Southern California to Texas.
Justin is 2 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 38 pounds. Jacob is 3 feet tall and weighs 62 pounds. Both boys have brown hair.
Justin was last seen wearing a "Buzz Lightyear" T-shirt, beige shorts and a blue jacket. Jacob was last seen also wearing a "Buzz Lightyear" T-shirt, beige shorts and a gray jacket.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Anaheim Police Department at (714) 765-1900.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
kidnap, amber alert, orange county news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend 22 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 44 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'
- New technology monitors pet fitness
7 min ago