Orange County News
Man connected w/Anaheim kidnapping arrested
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A 26-year-old Monrovia man was arrested on Sunday for allegedly assisting in the abduction of two Anaheim boys by children's father and grandfather.
Anaheim police said David Nicholas was arrested at his Monrovia home and booked on suspicion of conspiracy for the Thursday kidnapping. However, officials are keeping tight-lipped about Nicholas' supposed involvement in the case.
Police are still searching for the two boys, 4-year-old Jacob and 2-year-old Justin Quinones, who were abducted in front of their Anaheim home on the 3200 block of W. Orange Avenue. A van pulled up to the home around 8 p.m., and two men jumped out and grabbed the young boys. The van sped off westbound on Orange Avenue.
Friday, police recovered a Dodge Caravan used in the crime after it was returned to a rental agency.
Though police initially thought the two suspects, 23-year-old Abraham Fernandez and 52-year-old Louis Mendoza Fernandez, were heading for their home state of Texas, authorities said they believe the two are still in California.
The young boys are still missing, but police believe that the boys, their father and grandfather may still be in the area.
The children's mother, Azucena Quinones said she and her children moved to Anaheim three months ago. Police said the parents were not married, and it's not clear who has custody of the kids.
An Amber Alert was issued, stretching from Southern California to Texas.
Justin is 2 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 38 pounds. Jacob is 3 feet tall and weighs 62 pounds. Both boys have brown hair.
Justin was last seen wearing a "Buzz Lightyear" T-shirt, beige shorts and a blue jacket. Jacob was last seen also wearing a "Buzz Lightyear" T-shirt, beige shorts and a gray jacket.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Anaheim Police Department at (714) 765-1900.
City News Service contributed to this report.
kidnap, amber alert, orange county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 53 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 7 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 51 min ago
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 51 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 49 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks