Orange County News
Dad accused in O.C. kidnap turns himself in
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Eyewitness news has learned that a father accused of abducting his two young children in Anaheim has turned himself in to authorities in Texas.
Authorities said Abraham Fernandez turned himself in to sheriff's deputies Monday afternoon in Harris County.
Abraham Fernandez and his father Louis Fernandez are accused of kidnapping 4-year-old Jacob Quinones and his 2-year-old brother Justin.
The two boys and their grandfather Louis remain missing. The boys were abducted in front of their Anaheim home on the 3200 block of W. Orange Avenue on Thursday, Oct. 7. A day later, police recovered a Dodge Caravan used in the crime after it was returned to a rental agency.
Abraham Fernandez is being held on $1 million bail and is awaiting an extradition hearing scheduled for Wednesday, which he's trying to fight. He is charged with two felony counts of kidnapping and two felony counts of child abduction and faces a maximum sentence of nine years and eight months in state prison if convicted.
Linda Fernandez and her husband David Nicholas are also now in custody. Nicholas was arrested at his Monrovia home and booked on suspicion of conspiracy on Oct. 10. The couple is accused of helping with the abduction.
The children's mother, Azucena Quinones said she and her children moved to Anaheim three months ago. Police said the parents were not married, and it's not clear who has custody of the kids.
An Amber Alert was issued, stretching from Southern California to Texas.
Justin is 2 feet, 6 inches tall and weighs 38 pounds. Jacob is 3 feet tall and weighs 62 pounds. Both boys have brown hair.
Justin was last seen wearing a "Buzz Lightyear" T-shirt, beige shorts and a blue jacket. Jacob was last seen also wearing a "Buzz Lightyear" T-shirt, beige shorts and a gray jacket.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Anaheim Police Department at (714) 765-1900.
kidnap, amber alert, orange county news
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78 41 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hrs after contact drop
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report