Orange County News
La Habra teachers return to picket lines
LA HABRA, Calif. (KABC) -- La Habra teachers are back on the picket lines Monday morning for the fourth day.
On the third day of the strike, the school board and the teachers association were reportedly in bargaining talks. However, there's no word on when talks will resume.
The school district voted last month to cut teacher salaries by two percent, impose two furlough days and require teachers to pay more for their health insurance benefits.
The teachers walked off the job last Wednesday in protest.
The school board said the changes are necessary because of declining state funding.
protest, strike, school, orange county news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'