Orange County News
La Habra teachers return to picket lines
LA HABRA, Calif. (KABC) -- La Habra teachers are back on the picket lines Monday morning for the fourth day.
On the third day of the strike, the school board and the teachers association were reportedly in bargaining talks. However, there's no word on when talks will resume.
The school district voted last month to cut teacher salaries by two percent, impose two furlough days and require teachers to pay more for their health insurance benefits.
The teachers walked off the job last Wednesday in protest.
The school board said the changes are necessary because of declining state funding.
protest, strike, school, orange county news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation 25 min ago
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)