Orange County News
Anaheim, Koreatown shootings may be connected
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Two people are dead and another was critically injured after two shootings in Anaheim and Koreatown on Sunday.
Now, forensic teams are working to determine in the crimes are connected.
The first shooting happened about 4 a.m. along the 1100 block of North West Street in Anaheim.
The second shooting happened at about 5:30 a.m. approximately 28 miles northwest in Koreatown.
Police responded to the first incident and found a man in his 50s shot at an apartment building. He was rushed to the hospital, where he later died.
An hour later, Los Angeles police responded to a fight at a home in Koreatown and found a man shot in the head inside a home at 1128 S. Irolo St. The second victim remains in critical condition.
After shooting the second victim, the suspect turned his gun on himself and took his own life, police said.
Officials believe the shootings may be connected.
The names of the deceased were not immediately released.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
koreatown, shooting, orange county news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 58 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 24 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 22 min ago
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 22 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 20 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks