Orange County News
Driver gets 51 yrs to life in Adenhart death
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The drunk driver convicted of killing Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others was sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.
On April 9, Gallo T-boned a car in Fullerton killing Adenhart, Courtney Stewart and Henry Pearson.
Gallo's blood alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit.
Just hours before the crash, the 22-year-old Adenhart had pitched six scoreless innings in a game at Angel Stadium.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles angels of anaheim, accident, celebrity, car crash, famous death, court case, dui, orange county news
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program 49 min ago
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 14 min ago
- Protestors commemorate Armenian Genocide 34 min ago
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed