Orange County News
Driver gets 51 yrs to life in Adenhart death
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The drunk driver convicted of killing Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others was sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.
On April 9, Gallo T-boned a car in Fullerton killing Adenhart, Courtney Stewart and Henry Pearson.
Gallo's blood alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit.
Just hours before the crash, the 22-year-old Adenhart had pitched six scoreless innings in a game at Angel Stadium.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles angels of anaheim, accident, celebrity, car crash, famous death, court case, dui, orange county news
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained 30 min ago
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3 34 min ago
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
45 min ago