Orange County News
Driver gets 51 yrs to life in Adenhart death
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The drunk driver convicted of killing Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others was sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.
On April 9, Gallo T-boned a car in Fullerton killing Adenhart, Courtney Stewart and Henry Pearson.
Gallo's blood alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit.
Just hours before the crash, the 22-year-old Adenhart had pitched six scoreless innings in a game at Angel Stadium.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles angels of anaheim, accident, celebrity, car crash, famous death, court case, dui, orange county news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained 43 min ago
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 5 min ago
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested 9 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)