Orange County News
Driver gets 51 yrs to life in Adenhart death
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The drunk driver convicted of killing Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart and two others was sentenced to 51 years to life in prison.
On April 9, Gallo T-boned a car in Fullerton killing Adenhart, Courtney Stewart and Henry Pearson.
Gallo's blood alcohol level was nearly three times the legal limit.
Just hours before the crash, the 22-year-old Adenhart had pitched six scoreless innings in a game at Angel Stadium.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles angels of anaheim, accident, celebrity, car crash, famous death, court case, dui, orange county news
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors