Orange County News
OC teacher charged w/student sex due in court
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A teacher at Orange High School charged with having sex with one of his students is due in court on Thursday.
Scott Peterson of Anaheim, taught Spanish at the school. He was charged Dec. 7 on multiple felony sex counts.
The 48-year-old teacher met the alleged victim when she was his student at the school. Deputy District Attorney Katherine David said Peterson would hang out with the 17-year-old after classes let out.
Peterson allegedly took sexually explicit pictures of the two of them together in April. David also said Peterson sent sexually explicit text messages to the teen.
The two would regularly meet at a motel near the Angel Stadium to have sex, said David.
One of the victim's family members grew suspicious and found Peterson's text messages on the girl's phone. The family member alerted police.
Peterson was arrested Dec. 2 when he emerged from a motel shortly after the victim left.
Peterson posted $100,000 bail.
City News Service contributed to this report.
school, sex crimes, orange county news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space 45 min ago
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert