Orange County News
Ex-OC sheriff Carona to surrender to prison
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Former Orange County sheriff Michael Carona plans to surrender at a federal prison in Colorado on a witness-tampering conviction before his scheduled court date next week, according to his attorney.
Corona is scheduled on Tuesday to appear before the federal judge who sentenced him to 5 and a half years behind bars.
Carona was convicted of trying to get his former assistant sheriff to lie during a federal grand jury investigation.
He's been free on bond pending an appeal, but that appeal was rejected earlier this month.
court case, orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged 23 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour