Orange County News
Fullerton woman arrested for hate graffiti
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was arrested on Monday for allegedly painting disturbing racist and anti-Catholic messages on churches and other buildings around Orange County.
Police allege Kim Henry, a 53-year-old Fullerton resident, is behind the hateful messages filled with spelling errors, threatening violence against Mexicans, Asians, blacks and Catholics.
"She's painted some very hateful and damaging messages out there that have affected a lot of members of the community," said Sgt. Rick Martinez of the Anaheim Police Department.
There have been nine separate cases of vandalism last month - hurtful words spray painted on or near businesses in Irvine, Santa Ana, Anaheim and Brea. The businesses targeted included two Catholic churches and the Orange County Housing Authority.
Police say surveillance video from the church parking lot in Anaheim seen exclusively on Eyewitness News helped identify Henry after a viewer called police.
Records show Henry had unrelated outstanding warrants from last year for assault and battery and hit and run. Now, she faces felony vandalism and hate crime-related charges.
Henry has been booked at the Orange County Jail, with bail set at nearly $70,000. Police say it is unknown what her motive may have been.
"She's obviously disturbed, troubled and very hateful by the messages that she has already conveyed," Martinez said.
arrest, hate crime, caught on tape, orange county news, eileen frere
- Pinkberry co-founder given 7 yrs in '11 beating 6 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 42 min ago
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble 54 min ago
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry 30 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)