Orange County News
Landlord alleges 'Octomom' won't negotiate
SANTA FE SPRINGS, Calif. (KABC) -- The man who holds the mortgage on Nadya Suleman's home said he wants to negotiate with the mother of octuplets but that neither she nor her lawyer are talking.
Amer Haddadin made the announcement outside Suleman's attorney's office in Santa Fe Springs. Haddadin said Suleman owes him a $450,000 balloon payment on the La Habra house she shares with her 14 children.
Haddadin said he intended to discuss a possible agreement, but Suleman's attorney canceled the meeting.
"Although we are open for any peaceful negotiation, and we want to solve it in a civilized way, but he doesn't want to solve it," said Haddadin
Haddadin served Suleman and her lawyer with papers in December. Meanwhile, an offer by an adult filmmaker to pay for the house and allow Suleman to stay fell through.
orange county news
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot 10 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting 17 min ago
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- North Korea releases detained American war vet 1 min ago
- Bob Dylan's guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes