Orange County News
Landlord alleges 'Octomom' won't negotiate
SANTA FE SPRINGS, Calif. (KABC) -- The man who holds the mortgage on Nadya Suleman's home said he wants to negotiate with the mother of octuplets but that neither she nor her lawyer are talking.
Amer Haddadin made the announcement outside Suleman's attorney's office in Santa Fe Springs. Haddadin said Suleman owes him a $450,000 balloon payment on the La Habra house she shares with her 14 children.
Haddadin said he intended to discuss a possible agreement, but Suleman's attorney canceled the meeting.
"Although we are open for any peaceful negotiation, and we want to solve it in a civilized way, but he doesn't want to solve it," said Haddadin
Haddadin served Suleman and her lawyer with papers in December. Meanwhile, an offer by an adult filmmaker to pay for the house and allow Suleman to stay fell through.
orange county news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 5 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALS take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 10 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians